Job Title: Technical/Compliance/QC/R&D Manager
Garuda International, Inc. is looking for an exceptional Technical, Compliance, QC & R&D Manager to work at 180 W. Chestnut St., Exeter, CA 93221.
You will report directly to the President and the General Manager of the Exeter campus. You will be responsible for maintaining and improving all quality systems within the company as well as assuring regulatory compliance in all aspects of the company. This is a very "hands-on" position where you will be expected to enjoy getting involved and "getting your hands dirty"! You must be self-motivated and disciplined and manage your time well. You must work well with others.
You will also have the opportunity to develop and implement research and development projects to enable the company to continue to remain competitive and current.
This position is responsible for planning and executing all quality control and regulatory compliance systems and product development programs, both short and long range by performing the following duties personally and in cooperation with others.
- Development, implementation and maintenance of SOP's and procedural manuals for Q/A and to meet food & dietary supplement and other industrially required cGMP's
- Development, implementation and maintenance of policies, procedures and objectives for quality assurance & regulatory compliance in all aspects of the company
- Interfacing with technical, Q/A and operational staff at contracted manufacturing facilities and customer facilities worldwide.
- Recruiting and training technical staff as needed for growth
- Composing clear written communications to customers and prospects in various countries and be responsible for following up with customers/prospects relating to technical matters
- Traveling domestically and internationally as might be required from time-to-time should it be required for Q/C manufacturing audits and other technical or sales related visits to customers, vendors or trade exhibitions
- Attending trade exhibitions and conferences domestically and abroad to interface with customers and to deliver technical presentations
- Be highly detail-oriented in execution of all tasks
- Creating & maintaining databases, searching names and merging letters with data in the databases
- Filing, retrieving & reviewing technical literature and correspondence in paper and digital formats (Intranet & Internet)
- Completing customer quality questionnaires and surveys
- Answering phones and providing technical customer service
Additional Important Skills:
- Excellent English writing, speaking and grammar skills
- Highly organized with neat and tidy work habits
- Familiarity with all office equipment (phones, fax, computers, copier, etc.)
- Experience with Windows based computer systems & Microsoft Office
- Good phone manner and skills
- A team oriented attitude is imperative
- Must be self-motivated, and willing to do any jobs required in a busy smaller company
- Able to lift 30 lbs.
- Able to get along with and work with others - excellent communication skills
- Must have a sensitivity to other cultures and be willing to learn
- Humility and a positive attitude are essential
- Ability to create technical documentation in various computer formats
Other helpful skills:
- Nutraceutical and/or food industry experience
- Foreign language ability (Spanish and Chinese, in particular)
- International experience or background
We prefer a minimum 4 year degree in a technical field and/or quality control/food technology. Relative experience is also invaluable.
Aptitude for learning and a positive "can-do" Attitude are highly valued by our company culture.
FSVP, HAACP, GFSI certifications are are needed to fulfill the requirements of this position, however, the company may arrange for training and certifications for exemplary candidates
To be considered for this position and to receive a more complete job description, please send your cover letter and resume/cv by email to:
This is an immediate opening.