Job Title: Technical/Compliance/QC/R&D Leader
Our Garuda International team is excited and motivated to welcome a talented Technical/Compliance/QC/R&D leader to work either in the San Joaquin Valley (Exeter, California) or North San Diego County, California. Remote working could also be possible for many of the activities this position entails.
You will report directly to the President/CEO and founder of Garuda International. Your responsibilities will be to create, improve, organize and maintain all quality systems and documentation within the company to ensure regulatory compliance in all aspects of the company. This is a very "hands-on" position where you will be expected to enjoy diving in deeply into computer systems and conventional paper records systems to continually improve the efficiency and practicality of an ever-improving comprehensive quality system. You must enjoy challenges, be self-motivated, highly organized, detail oriented and disciplined while managing your time well. Your ability to develop and maintain positive, supportive and friendly relationships with others is essential. You will also have the opportunity to develop and implement research and development projects to enable the company to continue to remain competitive and current.
This position is responsible for planning, executing and maintaining all quality assurance and regulatory compliance systems as well as product development programs, both short and long range by performing the following duties personally and in cooperation with others.
- Development, implementation and maintenance of SOP's and procedural manuals for Q/A that comply with current food & dietary supplement and other industrially required cGMP's
- Development, implementation and maintenance of policies, procedures and objectives for quality assurance & regulatory compliance in all aspects of the company
- nterfacing with technical, quality assurance and operational personnel at contracted manufacturing facilities and customer facilities worldwide.
- Recruiting, training and leading technical personnel as needed for growth
- Composing clear written communications to customers and prospects in various countries including following up with customers/prospects relating to technical matters
- Traveling domestically and/or internationally as might be required from time-to-time for manufacturing audits, to learn from vendors or to provide technical support to customers
- Attending trade exhibitions and conferences domestically and abroad to interface with customers/vendors and to deliver technical presentations
- Be highly detail-oriented and organized in execution of all tasks and development of systems
- Be highly computer literate, with advanced skills using MS-Excel, MS-Word and preferably MS-Access
- Completing customer quality questionnaires and surveys
- Answering phones and providing technical customer service
Additional Important Skills:
- Excellent English writing, speaking and grammar skills
- Good phone manner and skills
- Must be self-motivated, and willing to do any jobs required in a busy smaller company
- Able to lift 30 lbs.
- Must have a sensitivity to other cultures and be willing to learn
- Humility and a positive attitude are essential
- Ability to create technical documentation in various computer formats
Other helpful skills:
- Nutraceutical and/or food industry experience
- Foreign language ability (Spanish and Chinese, in particular)
- International experience or background
We prefer a minimum 4 year degree in a technical field and/or quality control/food technology. Relative experience is also invaluable.
Aptitude for learning and a positive "can-do" attitude are highly valued by our company culture.
The candidate preferably should be a PCQI certified in Preventative Controls for Human Food and have FSVP, HAACP certifications to fulfill the requirements of this position. However, the company may arrange for training and certifications for exemplary candidates
To be considered for this position and to receive a more complete job description, please send your cover letter and resume/cv by email to:
This is an immediate opening.